Friday, August 05, 2011

California


I'm visiting my home in California right now and I've been trying to take advantage of the weather and the riding opportunities here. Benson and I rode north out on the East Bay Trail to Point Richmond yesterday. The ride from Albany was about 30-40 minutes one way. We were taking it easy most of the ride, but because of how windy it was on the water, it didn't quite feel that way.

We went out to Keller Beach once we got to Point Richmond and walked through the train tunnel. Once we were out the opposite end, I noticed my gloves were no longer on my persons. I backtracked and tried to find them in the tunnel but to no avail. They were once my closed finger BMX riding gloves, and last year I dug them out of a pile of old things and cut the fingers off so they would fit (my hands were on the verge of bursting out of the finger tips). Since then I've used them for my everyday riding. They've served me well.
I guess it's time for some new gloves.

But none the less, the ride was fun - I hadn't seen Benson in a long while so it was great to ride and catch up with him. 

I'm sure there'll be more rides in the next few days before I head back up to Washington.

Ride safe!

- RideaBicycle

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why isn't your buddy wearing a helmet?

RideaBicycle said...

^ I don't have an answer for you.. Helmets decrease the risk of injury and decrease the severity of an accident or injury. It's one of the few ways that cyclists can take safety into their own hands. For this reason, I think all cyclists should wear a helmet and under all cycling circumstances.